The Workers Compensation Claims Coordinator provides technical workers’ compensation oversight for client companies locations across multiple states. This position works closely with Risk Manager, Account Managers, HR Consultants, and third-party vendors to make certain that workers’ compensation claims are being handled in accordance with state laws and company policies and procedures.
If you are looking for a career path, this is the job for you. Join our team of professionals that service over 500 clients, nationwide. RMI is an HR Outsourcing company that strives to help small businesses grow and be successful by handling their HR needs. This position is located in Fitchburg, MA.
- Works with Risk Manager and third-party administrator to successfully return injured worker to work.
- Participates in monthly and quarterly claim review meetings.Works within a team environment to accomplish departmental goals.
- Reports injuries and inputs new injuries into system on a daily basis.
- Investigates all reported claims, reports red flags to handling adjusters and pursues claim denials, collects statements from Client Company, Account Managers and any witnesses.
- Monitors and responds to mail and email daily, follows up appropriately and in a timely matter.
- Responsible to send out safety kits and communicate injury reporting procedures
- Enforces Return-to-Work program to avoid lost time.
- Maintains work status with reported claim information, tracking of light duty days, lost time days and injury details, daily monitoring.
- Maintains OSHA Logs for caseload.
- Complies with state-specific workers’ compensation requirements such as providing necessary documentation to process a claim.
- Responsible for administrative functions, including but not limited to scanning, creating and maintaining workers’ compensation files
- Assists with special projects.
- Provides support to Manager of Risk and Workers’ Compensation
- Increased awareness and use of various reporting metrics to influence productive and efficient work processes.
- Issue certificates of insurance upon client request
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- High School Diploma, Associates or BA degree preferred;
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- 2 years’ experience in office administration or insurance agency;
- Sense of urgency in responding to Management, Employees, TPA and vendors regarding workers’ compensation issues;
- Positive, professional demeanor, dependable and self-motivated;
- Deadline oriented;
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel and other agency/claim software
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time
- Company 401K match is 100% of the first 6% of gross compensation.
- Section 125 Cafeteria “pre-tax” plans available (premiums, flexible medical and childcare spending accounts).
- 20,000 Life & 10,000 AD&D Insurance Policy paid by RMI.
- Company Paid Long Term Disability Insurance (benefit of 60% of the employee’s weekly salary)
- Eligible for RMI Health, Dental, and Supplemental plans through payroll deduction the first of the month following 30 days of full-time employment.
- RMI will contribute towards Health or Dental premiums for full-time employees.
- Payroll Direct Deposit available. Payroll Pay Cards are also available.
- Eligible for Discount Ticket Programs currently available to RMI clients.
- Company paid educational seminars.