RMI is an HR outsourcing company providing expertise in Payroll, Safety, Employee Benefits, HR Administration and Employment Law Compliance. We provide services to clients nationwide from offices in MA and FL. This position is located in Fitchburg, MA working on our Benefits Team. If you have benefits expertise and are looking for a career and not just a job, we encourage you to apply.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
This position is responsible for administration of the RMI 401k plans as well as presenting at benefit enrollment meetings . This role also requires excellent customer service to the internal team as well as to the RMI clients and employees by performing the following essential functions:
- Answers employee benefit questions, resolves benefit related problems, and assists with new hire orientations.
- Enters employee benefit deductions, terminations and adjustments in the Prism system and performs online enrollments/terms with the health, dental, life, disability, FSA, supplementals, and 401k vendors.
- Scans and files employee benefit paperwork to personnel files.
- Assists with maintenance of the online benefits portal. Prepares a quarterly benefit newsletter for RMI clients and employees.
- Prepares digital and print benefit marketing materials; orders materials from vendors for presentations.
- Assists Benefits Manager with Open Enrollment and Client Retained Plan renewals annually.
- Helps administer the COBRA program for terminated employees.
- Provides administrative support and troubleshooting for 401k plans.
- Audits and sends the weekly 401k file to our TPA.
Work Experience Requirements
- Two or more years of experience in a Benefits Department or Insurance Company
- Working knowledge of employee benefits with advanced knowledge of 401k plans
- Strong computer skills; including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Strong mathematical skills and exposure to auditing benefit plans
- Demonstrated attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and superior customer service and teamwork
Minimum Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree and one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Paid Holidays after 30 days of full time employment.
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time
- Company 401K match is 100% of the first 6% of gross compensation.
- Section 125 Cafeteria “pre-tax” plans available (premiums, flexible medical and childcare spending accounts).
- 20,000 Life & 10,000 AD&D Insurance Policy paid by RMI.
- Company Paid Long Term Disability Insurance (benefit of 60% of the employee’s weekly salary) after 30 days of full time employment for non-work related illness or injury.
- Eligible for RMI Health, Dental, and Supplemental plans through payroll deduction the first of the month following 30 days of full time employment.
- RMI will contribute towards Health or Dental premiums for full time employees.
- Payroll Direct Deposit available. Payroll Pay Cards are also available.
- Eligible for Discount Ticket Programs currently available to RMI clients.
- Company paid educational seminars.